Glencoe’s Planning Commission:
- reviews and makes amendments to the Glencoe Zoning Ordinance and Glencoe Zoning Map
- reviews and makes amendments to the Glencoe Subdivision Regulations
- hears and makes a recommendation to the City Council on subdivision plans and final plat approvals
- hears and makes a recommendation to the City Council on applications for annexation
- hears and makes a recommendation to the City Council on applications for rezoning
Glencoe Subdivision Regulations
Glencoe Zoning Ordinance
The Planning Commission meets on the third Thursday of each month at 5 pm in the Council Chambers at City Hall. On meeting dates where there are no items on the agenda for consideration, the Planning Commission meeting will be cancelled.
The current Glencoe Planning Commission consists of the following members:
- Chairman Tony Jones
- Mayor Charles “Peanut” Gilchrist
- Councilman Danny Joe Wagnon
- Member Mike Noah
- Member Gary Barber
- Member Bill Abel, Jr.
- Member Tim Johnson
- Member Milton Batey
- Member Tashia Blackerby
However, members are expressly prohibited by law from communicating with any party regarding an issue that is to appear before the Board. All case information must be presented and discussed during the meeting and in the presence of all Board Members. Therefore, all parties are cautioned not to attempt to contact any Board Member outside of the meeting in which the issue is scheduled to be considered.